Tuesday, June 12, 2012

My attempt at going Green!

First of all look at me updating regularly.

So recently I have attempted to make small changes around the house to save money and to be more environmentally friendly.  It would be so much easier if my husband didn't think I was nuts.
I have switched to moping the floor with vinegar (diluted obviously) instead of Mr.Clean.  I find that it cleans just as well and it isn't full of chemicals.  D whines that it makes the whole house smell like vinegar, so I may try adding a little orange essential oil to my mix.

I have also started making my own laundry detergent.  I won't take the time to write out the instructions because there are several recipes all over the internet.  I made the powdered version with ivory soap (shredded), borax, washing soda and baking soda.  So far I think it works great, it makes me want to wash all the things.  Once again my husband looked at me like I was insane while I was preparing the detergent.  He said "you know you can just buy laundry soap right?"  Yes dear I am aware of that fact.  I don't really care what he thinks as this home made laundry soap is dirt cheap.

I may update later with more of my "going green" efforts.

1 comment:

  1. I'm thinking about trying to make my own laundry soap. DH thinks it's crazy as well.

    ReplyDelete